Sign in with
Your question

Why do windows 7 do not capture Hd video using 1394

Last response: in Windows 7
February 28, 2010 1:08:21 AM

window 7 will not capture HDV using 1394 firewire. I and and i5 system with windows 7 Home Premium b4 bit and sony vegas 9. My Canon XH A1s play but do not display or capture. Everything works on my old XP computer.
March 18, 2010 4:34:54 PM

Hi! I have exactly the same promlem with SONY HDR-HC3E!
I have ACER Aspire, i7 system, win7 Home Premium 64. I tried with Sony Vegas 9 and Ulead DVD MovieFactory 6 Plus.
I can not display or capture HD video, but everything works on my old Toshiba computer with XP system.
Please help!!!
m
l
Related resources
April 11, 2010 10:12:20 PM

I have an HP DV8 i7 running Windows 7 64 and a Sony HDR-HC5E. I have for 3 month tried to capture HDV using Windows Live Movie Maker, Sony PMB, Sony Vegas Studio platinum v8.0d and Coral x2. Someone suggest driver update (or downgrade to legacy driver), but nothing helped.

The solution for me was to purchase a ExpressCard with TI chipset (Lycom), disable the HP 1394 port, and now everything works fine (except from the preinstalled Coral software, so it has been uninstalled).

Mikmac
m
l
April 16, 2010 12:34:15 AM

See this free product --> Exsate DV Capture Live

...at SnapFiles. I just wrote my 1st review there cuz I was so impressed. :bounce: 

jubal8
m
l
January 13, 2012 11:06:15 PM

jubal8 said:
See this free product --> Exsate DV Capture Live

...at SnapFiles. I just wrote my 1st review there cuz I was so impressed. :bounce: 

jubal8

Hi jubal8,

I just sent this email to Exsate Software:

To whom it may concern,

I have been receiving a nag screen in Exsate DV Capture Live.

(You must use a registered copy of Exsate DV Capture Live. See http://www.exsate.com/order/for more information.)

I think that this is an error as on the page (http://www.exsate.com/news/index.php?newsid=29&cat=0) you state that quote:

"Exsate DV Capture Live is FREE for everybody!"

I can't evaluate the program with this happening.

If this is shareware than it should be stated so. Purchasing Exsate VideoExpress is out of the question altogether until this can be rectified.

Still Shopping and
Respectfully Yours
m
l
March 15, 2012 10:21:36 AM

Hi drowder,
Do you got a feedback from Exsate Software?

Holger
m
l
!