I don't even know how to categorize this. NEED HELP

G

So I bought a computer. Its an avatar. Which is beside the point. It came with nothing on it, a recovery disk for w8, the MSI nvidia graphics card, and a GIGABYTE disk which has a ton of things on it from: chipsets/serial/ATA/RAID/Network/audio drivers, norton security, adobe acrobat reader, easytune microsoft windows 7/vista/pc. I popped the MSI and gigabyte disks in after installing windows 8 and nothing happened. I installs avast! and malwarebytes and it says everything is okay..

I don't know why the disks didn't start.
I don't know if i have the drivers all up to date or if i have to do something else.
I'm an idiot at computers, every computer i've bought has always had it pre-installed. please help me. :(

Oh, and its my first time using windows 8.

AK B

Distinguished
May 16, 2013
Relax... It has nothing to do with a virus or anything, it means that either your disk drive is bad or it needs its drivers. You can try downloading its drivers from the manufacturers page (as well as all other nifty stuff u need) or u can go to your local tech guy to get the drive fixed/replaced or you can go to the company guy to get it done on warranty. By the way, congrats on your first time with WIN8.

Try exploring the disk with File Explorer, on your desktop, bottom left of your screen.
If you can 'see' the disk where it says 'DVD Rewrite', or similar. Click on the disk and it's contents should appear in the main pane. Look for something like setup.exe and right click the file. Choose 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' and then 'Troubleshoot Program' on the next screen, check the box next to 'Program Worked in Earlier Versions' and choose Windows 7.
Test the program, it should work now. (Click flashing shield on Taskbar)