multiple player in same LAN to play on internet

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

my configuration 2 computer->netgear RP614 router->dsl
modem->internet.
for over a year ive been using 1 computer with DMZ works
out good. the problem i am having is adding another
computer on my network to play on the internet at the same
time behind the router's firewall.
since the router wont let me use DMZ and port forwarding
at same time, nor does it let me open the SAME port to be
available to both computer. what can i do to solve this
problem?
another problem i am having is with directx 8-9b, the only
directx version i am able to play online with is version 7
or 7.1 if i upgrade it, it wont let me play.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Steve,

Use dxport from puffinsoft.com to get both computers
behind your router into the same online game. Have fun! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Steve Phan" <lilquazyvietboi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1e4e501c45599$63108200$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| my configuration 2 computer->netgear RP614 router->dsl
| modem->internet.
| for over a year ive been using 1 computer with DMZ works
| out good. the problem i am having is adding another
| computer on my network to play on the internet at the same
| time behind the router's firewall.
| since the router wont let me use DMZ and port forwarding
| at same time, nor does it let me open the SAME port to be
| available to both computer. what can i do to solve this
| problem?
| another problem i am having is with directx 8-9b, the only
| directx version i am able to play online with is version 7
| or 7.1 if i upgrade it, it wont let me play.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

ive used that program b4, it wont even let the computer
play on a single computer, that program only open ports
from a software not hardware firewall like a router

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>"Steve Phan" <lilquazyvietboi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>| my configuration 2 computer->netgear RP614 router->dsl
>| modem->internet.
>| for over a year ive been using 1 computer with DMZ works
>| out good. the problem i am having is adding another
>| computer on my network to play on the internet at the
same
>| time behind the router's firewall.
>| since the router wont let me use DMZ and port forwarding
>| at same time, nor does it let me open the SAME port to
be
>| available to both computer. what can i do to solve this
>| problem?
>| another problem i am having is with directx 8-9b, the
only
>| directx version i am able to play online with is
version 7
>| or 7.1 if i upgrade it, it wont let me play.
>

>.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Steve,

Others have been able to use it successfully, therefore I
suggest you post to puffinsoft's forum for troubleshooting. :)