Antec SONATA Case?

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
I'm planning to build a P4 (2.8G) system using either the Asus or Abit i865 chipset mainboard. A couple of questions:
1. Has anyone built a stable rig using the new Antec Sonata case - has a 380w PSU included - is this enough?
2. Any recommendations as to RAM - I'm planning on going with DDR400 (Corsair or Kingston)-512.
My principle concerns with this new case is sound and power. Is it as quiet as advertised and is 380w enough with a mid-range graphics card (I'm not an intense gamer - Adobe and MS Office/multi-tasking, etc.)
Will run no more than 2 HD's - maybe just one to start.
I would appreciate any expertise!

But Officer, I wasn't speeding - I was qualifying ...
If I'm a Newbie - do I get a discount ...? (How does one get promoted?)

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Thanks for the reply - I'm assumming that you feel the included 380w PSU is sufficient.
What I'm hoping to read is someone's actual experience with building - with this case, and it's noise (quietness) claims. Thanks.

But Officer, I wasn't speeding - I was qualifying ...
If I'm a Newbie - do I get a discount ...? (How does one get promoted?)

Mikowski

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2003
Actually that's the case that I have. So far it works great but this is the first computer I've built so I don't have another rig to compare it with.
The specs are:
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Athlon XP 2800+ Barton
Radeon 9700 Pro
512 MB PC2100 (DDR 333) Kingston RAM (2 x 256)
80GB Seagate SATA HD (ST380013AS)
Sony DVD
Floppy
So far so good. The case is very quiet with just a low hum whenever I use it.
I've had no stability problems with the stock PS, so I'm guessing 380 should be fine for you.

As far as the RAM goes, I've had no problems with Kingston on two different systems, but no experience with Corsair.

Electrovert

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
I just put together a:
A7Nx8 Deluxe with XP2600 (Barton)
Gig of DDR400
one Hard Drive
CD-RW, DVD, V9480
I could not steal CASS Timing with the Antec 380W supply, but had no trouble with a Enermax 465. The Sonata Box is VERY quite however(Volcano 11 @3K rpm)

Electrovert.