Bat files

Timendo

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
I just learned how to write bat files and I'm trying to just comprehend, and create one successfully, so naturally my first idea is, I'll make a game launcher so I can just click this, and launch games from the individual files.
SOME of them worked, originally my Vindictus worked, along with Google Chrome launcher, but since I switched to Steam for Vindictus it doesn't work, I can't get CS:S to work nor Arma neither, and I'm confused cause I swear my lines are right, if not maybe I'm missing something strange?
Just an example which pretty much matches everything else.

set /p x=Pick:
IF '%x%' == '%x%' GOTO Item_%x%

:item_1
start "/DC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\-------------\counter-strike source" hl2.exe
exit

when I launch with this, I get this error "windows cannot find 'hl2.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

obviously the -------- is my account I'm withholding that directories are all typed properly.
I tried doing /D"C:etc" but that gives me a different error "setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2'. check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting."

I've checked, and the hl2.exe is there, no fuckin clue what I could be doing wrong here sadly.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
-Thread is unrelated to batman.
Rainbow_Dash_Sad_S2E15.png