Sign in with
Your question

Game Crashes and Display Driver Has Stopped Working [...]

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
July 5, 2012 9:36:14 AM

I've tried everything (including Tom's Hardware) Google has churned up but to no avail. This includes clean installs of my drivers, registry edits and even a reformat and fresh installation of Windows 7.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, with the following (relevant) hardware:
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Geforce GTX 580
8Gb RAM
750 Watt PSU

I've played well over 350 hours of Battlefield 3 without a problem until I reformatted my computer for other, since resolved, issues. After the reformat It just wouldn't work. As previously mentioned I've tried all the common solutions for my issues, starting out assuming it was Battlefield that was causing them.

I'm hoping it's not a hardware related issue, but I have a feeling that it might be. I've had this computer (custom built) for just over a year and a half.

Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's bad news. Any extra information you need can be provided.

More about : game crashes display driver stopped working

July 5, 2012 11:38:46 AM

Does everythig else work, I play BF Bad Company 2 and for some reason my CPU would go insanely high and the computer would crash, everything else worked fine with no problems, I ended up doing a windows re-install an everything fixed, I googled and went to numerous forums and found ver little info to help me but as I said a re-install sorted it.
m
l
July 6, 2012 1:24:31 AM

A re-install was what initially broke my system, and I have since done another. Didn't work though. I have removed some of my RAM, to see if that is the problem.
m
l
Related resources
a c 204 $ Windows 7
July 6, 2012 1:28:08 AM

did you put back all the driver up to date including the motherboard one
m
l
July 6, 2012 7:21:40 AM

All the GPU drivers are up to date, and I was about to update the motherboard before I re-installed. I'll update it tomorrow and report back.
m
l
a c 204 $ Windows 7
July 6, 2012 6:49:20 PM

waiting for results
m
l
July 6, 2012 11:57:27 PM

Updating the BIOS didn't fix it. I've tried increasing the core voltage of my GPU, I'll report back if this works.

I'm running out of ideas.

EDIT: 2 rounds of BF3 and no crashes, hopefully this has fixed it. Going in for another round.

EDIT: Over 5 rounds of BF3 and the problem seems to have been fixed. Is there any way I can permanently increase the core voltage? I think I read somewhere there is a config you can write for ATI cards... not sure about NVIDIA?
m
l
a c 204 $ Windows 7
July 7, 2012 2:13:34 AM

stay around someone who use a nvidia card could give a advice how to
m
l
July 7, 2012 4:52:10 AM

I just set MSI Afterburner to apply the over-volt at startup, problem fixed! :D 
m
l
a c 204 $ Windows 7
July 7, 2012 7:54:12 PM

good to know enjoy your system
m
l
!