Age of king suddenly stop working

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

All my age of king, age of empire conquerors, age of
methology and titan stop working. They all use to work.
I unstalled and reinstall the games and still it doesn't
work. During startup , it just pop up a window that said,

Age of empire II expansion has encountered a problem and
need to close. Please tell microsoft about this problem.
With button to send error report or not.

Is it possible something is deleted from my system or
some program is preventing it from startup. They all work
before.
1 answer Last reply
More about king suddenly stop working
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi Tom,

    Let's try some basic troubleshooting. If the problem still persists
    please post back and we'll try some more steps. Good luck! :-)

    1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
    blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
    Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
    Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

    3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
    / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
    the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

    4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
    Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
    require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

    5. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
    For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
    Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2270601c45d6e$db445210$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    | All my age of king, age of empire conquerors, age of
    | methology and titan stop working. They all use to work.
    | I unstalled and reinstall the games and still it doesn't
    | work. During startup , it just pop up a window that said,
    |
    | Age of empire II expansion has encountered a problem and
    | need to close. Please tell microsoft about this problem.
    | With button to send error report or not.
    |
    | Is it possible something is deleted from my system or
    | some program is preventing it from startup. They all work
    | before.

King Games Microsoft Video Games