Age of Empires 3: Age of Discovery

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.age-of-kings,microsoft.public.ageofempires,microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I just read that Ensemble Studious will be releasing the next game in the
Age of Empires series in the fall of 2005, called Age of Discovery. Its
supposed to cover the period 1492 to 1918. Eagle Games will be putting out
the matching boardgame at the same time. Sort of like they did with their
Age of Mythology boardgame. Unfortunately there's nothing about this on the
Ensemble Studios site. I got the information from a boardgame news site
gamefest.com. The Eagle games site merely has one pertinent phrase "Upcoming
projects: an Age of Discovery game" with no due date.

This is the game I wanted to come out a couple of years ago instead of Age
of Mythology. I never bought that game. I had zero interest in training and
upgrading an army just to watch Zeus zap them with a thunderbolt. The
mythological creatures just ruined it for me.

I'm really looking forward to Age of Discovery. I hope ES does a good job
on it.

-
Michael Ward
Fort Worth, Texas

kim

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Michael Ward wrote:-

>I just read that Ensemble Studious will be releasing the next game in the
>Age of Empires series in the fall of 2005, called Age of Discovery. Its
>supposed to cover the period 1492 to 1918. Eagle Games will be putting out
>the matching boardgame at the same time. Sort of like they did with their
>Age of Mythology boardgame. Unfortunately there's nothing about this on the
>Ensemble Studios site. I got the information from a boardgame news site
>gamefest.com. The Eagle games site merely has one pertinent phrase "Upcoming
>projects: an Age of Discovery game" with no due date.
>
>This is the game I wanted to come out a couple of years ago instead of Age
>of Mythology. I never bought that game. I had zero interest in training and
>upgrading an army just to watch Zeus zap them with a thunderbolt. The
>mythological creatures just ruined it for me.
>
>I'm really looking forward to Age of Discovery. I hope ES does a good job
>on it.

Nothing on ES' website about it.

I just played Star Wars: Battlegrounds which is AOK but with the medieval units
replaced by Star Wars units. It even uses the same music as AOK. The graphics
take a bit of getting used to at first. The force-field/power-unit combination
is an interesting variation. I already guessed that Jedi Knights would take the
place of monks. Haven't yet worked out which civ has an unfair advantage. In TC
it was Japanese.

(kim)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

yeah, i agree, the aoe3 is star wars battle ground so if
it is true, the one that you are talking about will be
aoe4?