Keyboard and Mouse on a laptop

JM1234

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2003
I am having a problem connecting a USB keyboard and mouse (wireless) into my laptop. I have two seperate hardware profiles. Profile 1 is supposedly with the laptop keyboard and its trackball. The other profile is with my wireless keyboard and mouse. I want to make it so that when I take out the USB connecter I can use the laptop by itself if I am at home or somewhere where I don't have my wireless mouse and keyboard. Whenever I attempt to use the profile of just the laptop I can use neither set of mouse and keyboard, neither the laptop keyboard and trackball nor the wireless pair. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can make this work?
Thanks

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
forget the profiles and just plug in the mouse and keyboard when you want to use it. there is probly a ps2 port in the back that is for an external keyboard or mouse, and using another device on a usb port should be no problem.

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>