DSL problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi I am having a porblem with my DSL

I dont know my but my internal and external Ips doesn't
match and thats stopping my from playing/hosting a game
So far someone told me that it might be my fire wall
thats costing that error...I disable and uninstall ZA
(Zone alarm) didnt work :( also I dont have a norton
PLEASE HELP ME !!

My DSL Name is :Paradyne ( my cable modem worked fine )
also the DSL company told me that its a router to..

Model # 6381-a1-200
1 answer Last reply
More about problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi Jack,

    There's a firewall in your home DSL broadband modem:

    Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
    (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
    built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.

    Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
    and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
    (See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "jack" <jackseymour_@msn.com> wrote in message news:250a901c4600b$afc904b0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    | Hi I am having a porblem with my DSL
    |
    | I dont know my but my internal and external Ips doesn't
    | match and thats stopping my from playing/hosting a game
    | So far someone told me that it might be my fire wall
    | thats costing that error...I disable and uninstall ZA
    | (Zone alarm) didnt work :( also I dont have a norton
    | PLEASE HELP ME !!
    |
    | My DSL Name is :Paradyne ( my cable modem worked fine )
    | also the DSL company told me that its a router to..
    |
    | Model # 6381-a1-200

DSL Games Microsoft Video Games