DSL problem

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 2, 2004 5:07:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi I am having a porblem with my DSL

I dont know my but my internal and external Ips doesn't
match and thats stopping my from playing/hosting a game
So far someone told me that it might be my fire wall
thats costing that error...I disable and uninstall ZA
(Zone alarm) didnt work :(  also I dont have a norton
PLEASE HELP ME !!

My DSL Name is :p aradyne ( my cable modem worked fine )
also the DSL company told me that its a router to..

Model # 6381-a1-200

More about : dsl problem

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 4:22:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Jack,

There's a firewall in your home DSL broadband modem:

Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
(De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.

Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
(See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

!