Could not intialize graphics system ...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

AOE - Age of Kings - has stopped running. The error says:
Could not initialize graphic system. Make sure your video
card and driver are compatible with Directdraw.

It previously worked. No changes made or replacement to
the HP laptop computer. I would appreciate your
suggestions.
3 answers Last reply
More about could intialize graphics system
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi Gary,

    Try these solutions:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;242902

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2599001c460b2$751ee260$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    | AOE - Age of Kings - has stopped running. The error says:
    | Could not initialize graphic system. Make sure your video
    | card and driver are compatible with Directdraw.
    |
    | It previously worked. No changes made or replacement to
    | the HP laptop computer. I would appreciate your
    | suggestions.
  2. Hey im having the same problem but the link you've provided is no longer working - please help!

    Sophie
  3. Quote:
    Hey im having the same problem but the link you've provided is no longer working - please help!

    Sophie

    The link probably is not working because the thread is five years old.

Graphics Video Games