No connector for SCSI card

luigisoddu

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2003
I am building a new computer but I am keeping my SCSI hard disk from my old Dell computer (PIII 600). I put in my old SCSI card into a PCI slot in my new system but I cannot find a place on the motherboard to connect a two pin wire that in my Dell system went from my adaptec SCSI card to a two pin connector right next to the IDE connectors (it said 'SCSI' next to this connector on my old MB). On my new Motherboard I have not been able to find such connector anywhere, or even the word "SCSI" at all. Futhermore the user's manual makes no mention of such a connector. This is the first computer I am building myself and I must say that I am quite clueless :) What do you guys suggest I do? Oh yes, I am using an Asus a7v8x-x motherboard.

thanks a lot for any help,
cheers.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
don't panic! (a general guideline in life that can be helpfull)

if they are what I think they are, and they most likely will be, it's the HDD led connector... if you have IDE drives plugged in your A7N-something jus ignore this connector.

songoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
you don't need it. if its what i think it is, its just the led Hard drive light that blinks on the front of your case. Most are red. If you do want that light to work just take the HD LED light's cord and plug it in there. If it doesn't work switch it around.

Supporting AMD with your breakable stuff.