Problems Raid Stripping Raptors

NoUse

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2003
Ok, here's the deal. I run the SATA RAID Configuration Utility and create a RAID Volume with my two WD 36GB Raptors (note: these are completely new drives). Then when I load again, I receive an error saying that there are no detected FAT32 partitions.

So I partition the drives, while they are still in the RAID Strip. The problem, though, is that afterwards, I can't load the C drive and FDISK says my hard drive has only 5 Gb of memory.

So I delete the partition and remove the RAID Array. I then run FDISK again and this time it correctly reads the drive size as 36 Gb, but this is only for one HD.

So my question is, how do I get both drives partitioned and into a Raid 0 Array?

(I don't really know what I'm doing)

System Specs:
P4 2.8Ghz 800Mhz FSB
P4P800-Deluxe Mobo
2x 36Gb WD Raptor
2x 512Mb Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by NoUse on 06/07/03 02:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FallOutBoyTonto

Distinguished
May 6, 2003
Try checking your manual, hopefully there is something there about building SATA RAID arrays.

What are you trying to load when that error comes up? Are you running your OS on that RAID array? Did you install the drivers? I don't know why FDISK showed only 5 GB though.