Error message at launch

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

when i start AOE II Age of Kings the "loading" screen
pops up then an error message shows so i can't start the
game. I NEED HELP!!!
4 answers Last reply
More about error message launch
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    "abc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3cc901c472ab$e02f3220$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    | when i start AOE II Age of Kings the "loading" screen
    | pops up then an error message shows so i can't start the
    | game. I NEED HELP!!!

    Hi abc,

    What does the error message say?
    Also, tell us more about your system please. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Shell / User
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    >Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=FH;[LN];gms
    http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    >MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=sz;en-us;top
    >My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
    confer any rights.

    >i'm having the same problem as "abc". when i start age of
    kings the loading screen comes up but is then followed by
    an error message :

    "AGE2_X1 caused an invalid page fault in
    module <unknown> at 0000:2ae66ff8.
    Registers:
    EAX=2ae66ff8 CS=0167 EIP=2ae66ff8 EFLGS=00010282
    EBX=bff7427f SS=016f ESP=009df760 EBP=009dfff4
    ECX=deaf3b70 DS=016f ESI=8199b57c FS=6e77
    EDX=8199b5dc ES=016f EDI=819b2d3c GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP: "

    i'm currently running an AMD athlon 2.6ghz processor,
    an Nvidia geforce2 mx/mx400 graphics card, have 256mb of
    ram and am currently running windows 98se.

    can you help?

    cheers

    adam

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46e001c47354$f683b3d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]

    Hi Adam,

    Let's try some basic troubleshooting. If the problem still persists
    please post back and we'll try some more steps. Good luck! :-)

    1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
    blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
    Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
    Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

    3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
    / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
    the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

    4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
    Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
    require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

    5. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
    For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
    Checklist of Solutions at: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Does it say Age of Empires has encountered an error and
    needs to close?Mine does that to.

Games Microsoft Error Message Video Games