Can't join friend's game and vice versa

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

My friend and I live in the same town. We are both using
Charter.net as our broadband provider. When we log onto
the zone I cannot join his games and he cannot join my
games. We get "unable to join game" as err. We are both
able to join a third party's game but we see each other
as 30 ping and still cant play together. We have tried to
ip into each others games but the game does not show. He
is on windows 2000 and im on XP. We have a 3rd friend who
usings same broadband provider and he is able to join
that friends games. He is only having problems joining my
games. I am able to join everyone elses games..just not
his as well. WE have contacted Charter and they informed
us that they are able to see our modems working fine
therefore theres nothing else they can do. We both do not
have a router or any kind of firewall. No sure what else
to do....If anyone can help it would be much
appreciated.....

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Dan,

Each of you should try a dial-up connection while talking
to your ISP technical support to provide them the ability
to determine if the problem is due to their network or not.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms