Cannot Join MP Games

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hosting:
Okay basically i create an MP Game on zone..... ppl join
my room, i launch, i get in, nobody else does. I've tried
it out with random people and also in those a friend who
is on teamspeak, he tells me he gets the "Unable to Join
Game" Message. The IP I am given when i launch and click
IP at the bottom is like xxx.xxx.0.xxx and because of
that .0. it's not a valid IP, at least thats what i've
been told.

Connecting:
Okay, this is simple. Friend makes game, i join room,
wait for random people, friend launches. All going well
so far... I am connecting, it takes AGES [if ull pardon
the pun [AGE of empires] :)]... then it just says "Unable
To Join Game"

My Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Pentium 3, GeForce 4 MX 440
Graphics Card [even though i don't think its anything to
do with the graphics], 256Mb Ram, 8x Speed Cd Rom Drive.

Much Appreciated If Someone could Reply To My email
Because I Probably Won't Be Checking Here Very Often.

I_Hate_Hackers@Hotmail.com

Thanks

_DL_PaIn_ReAvEr

"_DL_PaIn_ReAvEr" <i_hate_hackers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hosting:
> Okay basically i create an MP Game on zone..... ppl join
> my room, i launch, i get in, nobody else does. I've tried
> it out with random people and also in those a friend who
> is on teamspeak, he tells me he gets the "Unable to Join
> Game" Message. The IP I am given when i launch and click
> IP at the bottom is like xxx.xxx.0.xxx and because of
> that .0. it's not a valid IP, at least thats what i've
> been told.
>
> Connecting:
> Okay, this is simple. Friend makes game, i join room,
> wait for random people, friend launches. All going well
> so far... I am connecting, it takes AGES [if ull pardon
> the pun [AGE of empires] :)]... then it just says "Unable
> To Join Game"
>
> My Operating System:
> Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Pentium 3, GeForce 4 MX 440
> Graphics Card [even though i don't think its anything to
> do with the graphics], 256Mb Ram, 8x Speed Cd Rom Drive.
>
> Much Appreciated If Someone could Reply To My email
> Because I Probably Won't Be Checking Here Very Often.
>
> I_Hate_Hackers@Hotmail.com
>
> Thanks
>
> _DL_PaIn_ReAvEr

Hi,

If you're Unable to Launch or Join games it's usually a firewall problem
that can be solved by using the Network Routers and Firewall Section:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms