URGENT AOK Trial Help

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hello :).
Whenever i launch (or get launched by a diff. host) a aok
game, when i start the game (after the Deathmatch options
menu) it comes up with an error: "Run out of Sync".
Please help my email is Jenelle_Bonacchi@hotmail.com
P.S it never used to have this error b4?
Thankyou
Jen

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Jenelle,

Try a clean reinstall of AOK to fix that problem, here's how...

Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and patch):

Step A: Temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time, starting with
Firewall, Antivirus & AdBlockers using this method:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796 or this utility:
http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php Reboot, go to Step B.

Step B: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, delete the game and then
the game's folder especially if you previously experienced problems
with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

Note: Click Start to Search or Find your game. Many times there are two installs
of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
and delete the folder.

Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
game, delete them. Reboot your computer, and then re-install the game.
Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Step D: Play a single player game, using an administrators account if necessary.

Step E: Download new game patches or mods in case the old ones are corrupt.
Double click the patch/mod to install it. If it's a .zip file, unzip it into the
game's folder and follow the instruction in it's readme.txt file.

Step F: Reboot your computer, verify that your game is working properly, and
re-enable any programs that you disabled using the method in Step A.

Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk