Hard drive copy's please help!

Jw_Leonhart

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
Here is my problem. I have a Western Digital 80GB Special Edition hard drive. Now unfortunatly I had a little accident with it and it hardly works. All the data is intacts but the hard drive is starting to freeze up once in a while. I need to be able to make a direct copy, operating system and all to the new hard drive that I will be recieving tomorrow which is the same exact kind. I need everything off of that hard drive, I need the operating system most importantly seeing that it had alot of important registeries that I needed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Or <b><A HREF="http://www.powerquest.com/driveimage/" target="_new"><font color=blue>PowerQuest Drive Image</A></b></font color=blue>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Jw_Leonhart

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
Ok so if I use Drive Image which I am downloading now from Kazaa... it says it uses windows. Now lets say I have a problem with Windows seeing that my hard drive does not run completely stable in windows.... How could I copy the drive from one to another? Boot from a floppy into DOS and then start the copy from there or is there no way to do that. If anyone knows please help.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Jw_Leonhart on 06/08/03 11:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>