Age of Kings CD Exploded

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

This morning, my daughter was running with the Age of
Kings CD when it exploded. Can I get a replacement CD? I
had to take apart the CD player (and void its warranty,
which I think had expired) to get the pieces out, but it
definitely shattered.

If I can get a replacement, how do I do so? I certainly
didn't expect this, though I am suspect it has seen quite
a bit of use around our house, probably more than any
other game. :)

Brad

"Brad Andrews" <andrews@rbacomm.com> wrote in message news:60d501c4827d$75584ae0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| This morning, my daughter was running with the Age of
| Kings CD when it exploded. Can I get a replacement CD? I
| had to take apart the CD player (and void its warranty,
| which I think had expired) to get the pieces out, but it
| definitely shattered.
|
| If I can get a replacement, how do I do so? I certainly
| didn't expect this, though I am suspect it has seen quite
| a bit of use around our house, probably more than any
| other game. :)
|
| Brad

Hi Brad,

--
Call the MS Product Replacement Centre: Mon - Fri 8am -10pm ET
in the US at: 1-(800)-360-7561, or in Canada at: 1-(800) 933-4750

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Well, I called the line. They will happy to replace it
for $23 plus $5 shipping and handling. Since I can buy it
at retail cheaper than this, and on ebay even cheaper, it
is hardly a bargain. :(

I have the pieces of the CD to prove I am not just looking
for a free CD. :(

I am disappointed.

Brad

kim

Brad Andrews wrote:-

>Well, I called the line. They will happy to replace it
>for $23 plus $5 shipping and handling. Since I can buy it
>at retail cheaper than this, and on ebay even cheaper, it
>is hardly a bargain. :(
>
>I have the pieces of the CD to prove I am not just looking
>for a free CD. :(
>
>I am disappointed.

If you broke a music CD would you expect the record studio to replace it?

(kim)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

"Brad Andrews" <andrews@rbacomm.com> wrote in message news:<60d501c4827d$75584ae0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> This morning, my daughter was running with the Age of
> Kings CD when it exploded. Can I get a replacement CD? I
> had to take apart the CD player (and void its warranty,
> which I think had expired) to get the pieces out, but it
> definitely shattered.
>
> If I can get a replacement, how do I do so? I certainly
> didn't expect this, though I am suspect it has seen quite
> a bit of use around our house, probably more than any
> other game. :)
>
> Brad

Hi Brad.

This isn't the first time I've heard of this occuring. It
happened to a fiend of mine that the CD just shattered
inside the CD-ROM drive. Microsoft were eaqually as
unhelpful to him too.

Now, this is probably illegal, and the download may no
longer be there anymore, but there is a "no-cd" hack that
used to be available at http://www.bskzone.com/.

Hope this helps.

Steven.

http://www.aiscripters.com/