Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Hi everybody. I have registered the domain lfay.net, and am trying to get it t point to me. I set up www.lfay.net to point to 24.131.114.50 (my IP).I am on the mediaone cable network. Others within the Mediaone Network can access the site. No one else can. Pingning fails on every computer I have tried (5 or 6 different connections), and tracerouting works maybe half the time. On my end, I've got the Linksys BEFSR-41, and I've configured it to forward all requests on port 80 (both TCP and UDP) to my Web Server on this end. Possible problems I think might be happening:
Mediaone is filtering the connections
I don't have the appropriate ports open
I'm running Microsoft Personal Web Server on Win98...But that doesn't explain the lack of pings.

So this is were I need your help.
I need to know how succesful you are http:, ping, and tracert -ing my connection. Please help, this is starting to frustrate me.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

G

have you set the 'block WAN request' to disable on the router? If you dont, know requests for information, including pings, will reach your server even if you have the correct ports forwarded.

ignore everything i say

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Jeez....Thanks for that...

I just set it, never would have found it w/o your help!

Any more luck?

Edit....I have completed my first succesful ping! I think your advice did the trick...Man do I feel dumb for not noticing that...And I had read the manual at least 3 times, too.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Red_Zealot on 09/28/01 11:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>