Sign in with
Your question

Problem Installing "Silverlight"

Last response: in Windows 7
July 6, 2012 7:36:01 AM

Hello,

I finally subscribed to Netflix. I can't play any available videos on my computer until I install the latest version of "Silverlight". I downloaded the latest version but during install, it can not find a required file. After I found out that "Silverlight" is Microsoft, I went to "Microsoft Download Center" and did a search and encountered "not found". WHAT !!?? :o 

The file is called "silverlight.msi". I'm assuming that this file is somewhere on my computer . . . but where ?? The Install is looking for it as "c:\32c063f145a584bf417422\". When I click on "OK", another dialog box appears and tells me that I need to locate "silverlight.msi". I searched my C: drive . . . nothing showed up. :cry:  :fou:  The same problem happens when I try to UNINSTALL the older Silverlight version. I can't uninstall the old version either.

No Silverlight . . . No Netflix . . . :cry: 

Anyone know where I can get the required file ?? AND . . . IF I do find it . . . where I can stick it ? LOL (the folder to put it in?)

Win 7 is such a pain in the $%^&!@ #$& !!!!!!!!!

Help please . . .

Thanks
Ed
February 16, 2013 5:04:17 PM

i'm running into the same issue, if i figure it out i'll let you know
m
l
February 17, 2013 1:13:27 AM

Could have spyware or virus. Install Anti-Malwarebytes, then run a full system scan. Tell me what comes up.
m
l
!