Can't group military units into formations

karl

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I haven't played Age of Kings for a few years and had
uninstalled it from my computer. Now that I have
installed it again, there are no formations available in
the lower left-hand corner when I click on a group of
military units. I've reinstalled the game a few times,
but nothing seems to make a difference.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Karl,

Did you click the Cog wheel to turn on advanced options?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"KARL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d8801c48d04$f0d038e0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| I haven't played Age of Kings for a few years and had
| uninstalled it from my computer. Now that I have
| installed it again, there are no formations available in
| the lower left-hand corner when I click on a group of
| military units. I've reinstalled the game a few times,
| but nothing seems to make a difference.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

"KARL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I haven't played Age of Kings for a few years and had
> uninstalled it from my computer. Now that I have
> installed it again, there are no formations available in
> the lower left-hand corner when I click on a group of
> military units. I've reinstalled the game a few times,
> but nothing seems to make a difference.

As Jimmy said, click the button that looks like two gear cogs. Its near the
mini-map.

Every time you re-install the game certain options go back to default
settings. One of those is: Advanced Commands = off.

-
Michael Ward
Fort Worth, Texas

peter

"Michael Ward" <mward258@charter(dot)net> wrote in message
> "KARL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I haven't played Age of Kings for a few years and had
> > uninstalled it from my computer. Now that I have
> > installed it again, there are no formations available in
> > the lower left-hand corner when I click on a group of
> > military units. I've reinstalled the game a few times,
> > but nothing seems to make a difference.
>

> As Jimmy said, click the button that looks like two gear cogs. Its near
the
> mini-map.
>
> Every time you re-install the game certain options go back to default
> settings. One of those is: Advanced Commands = off.

A similar thing happened to me when I reinstalled. It used to be that the
time and the score was displayed automatically when I started a game. Now I
have to press F11 for time and F4 (I think) for the score. Can I set this
back on?

"Peter" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> A similar thing happened to me when I reinstalled. It used to be that the
> time and the score was displayed automatically when I started a game. Now
> have to press F11 for time and F4 (I think) for the score. Can I set this
> back on?

Yes, as best as I can recall. Off the top of my head I thought once you
pressed those PF keys that function would stay on from game to game. But I
assume from your question they aren't for you. Hmm... check the Options
screen, both the one within an active game and the one on the main menu.

-
Michael Ward
Fort Worth, Texas