Multiplayer gaming

Adam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I do have a router and a cable connection but I cant set
up a dmz becuase my ip keeps changing.

My problem is when ever I try to join off of zone itll go
to the game but instead of giving me an error message
like "unable to join" itll just set up the multiplayer
game with a 8 empty slots, then I cant do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I tryed directly pluging in the modem cable to my comp
without the router and everything worked fine and I could
play. If a got the DMZ to work do you think that would do
it? I'm curious what to put as my personal IP adress
since it's static and the router assignes a different IP
to my comp at different times.

My router is a Belkin F5D 5231-4

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi,

You don't have to struggle with this! :)

Call the router's tech support and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
to bypass the built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the
equipment with you...

Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone and DX Games:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms