Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Is it posssible to start AoK in window mode instead of fullscreen.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Enrico,

"enrico" <bauchfleisch2002@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:eek:psecztgq762x28w@mp-vipa5.vrmagic.local...
| Is it posssible to start AoK in window mode instead of fullscreen.
|
| --
| Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Give CTRL+ENTER or ALT+ENTER a try, they usually work. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:57:16 -0400, Jimmy S. <Private> wrote:

> Hi Enrico,
>
> "enrico" <bauchfleisch2002@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> | Is it posssible to start AoK in window mode instead of fullscreen.
> |
> | --
> | Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
>
> Give CTRL+ENTER or ALT+ENTER a try, they usually work. :)

Well, they didn't work in my case :-(
I think MS don't want us to play in window mode.

kim

enrico wrote:-

>Well, they didn't work in my case :-(
>I think MS don't want us to play in window mode.

That may be because nobody in their right mind would ever want to play in
window mode. It's hard enough keeping track of the action in full screen mode.
There are however occasions when some of like to switch to the desktop to take
care of other business.

(kim)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I faintly remember something about screen resolution of your desktop and the
resolution set in AOK. Your desktop setting has to be set higher than the
setting in AOK. After that you should be able to switch to windowed mode via
AOK options.

On 21 Sep 2004 20:18:02 GMT, kim <ntscuser@aol.com> wrote:

> enrico wrote:-
>
>> Well, they didn't work in my case :-(
>> I think MS don't want us to play in window mode.
>
> That may be because nobody in their right mind would ever want to play in
> window mode. It's hard enough keeping track of the action in full screen
> mode.
> There are however occasions when some of like to switch to the desktop
> to take
> care of other business.
>
> (kim)

I think it would be great if you to watch replays in window mode. They do
not need so much attention all the time.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:09:02 +0530, Thomas Kuck <Kolossus@Sancharnet.in>
wrote:

> I faintly remember something about screen resolution of your desktop and
> the
> resolution set in AOK. Your desktop setting has to be set higher than the
> setting in AOK. After that you should be able to switch to windowed mode
> via
> AOK options.

My desktop is set to 1600x1200. That' s more than AoK supports but I never
encountered an option to switch to window mode. CTRL+ENTER doesn't work
either.

> "enrico" <bauchfleisch2002@yahoo.de> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:57:16 -0400, Jimmy S. <Private> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Enrico,
>> >
>> > "enrico" <bauchfleisch2002@yahoo.de> wrote in message

>> > Give CTRL+ENTER or ALT+ENTER a try, they usually work. :)
>> >
>> Well, they didn't work in my case :-(
>> I think MS don't want us to play in window mode.
>>

>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

My apologies, I must have thought about another game, possibly Empire Earth.

wrote:

> I faintly remember something about screen resolution of your desktop and
> the
> resolution set in AOK. Your desktop setting has to be set higher than the
> setting in AOK. After that you should be able to switch to windowed mode
> via
> AOK options.

My desktop is set to 1600x1200. That' s more than AoK supports but I never
encountered an option to switch to window mode. CTRL+ENTER doesn't work
either.

> "enrico" <bauchfleisch2002@yahoo.de> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:57:16 -0400, Jimmy S. <Private> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Enrico,
>> >
>> > "enrico" <bauchfleisch2002@yahoo.de> wrote in message

>> > Give CTRL+ENTER or ALT+ENTER a try, they usually work. :)
>> >
>> Well, they didn't work in my case :-(
>> I think MS don't want us to play in window mode.
>>

>> --
>> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

TRENDING THREADS