Conquerors: Disconnects

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi, I'm having some connection probs while playing AOC, I
get random disconnects during the game. I'm running an up-
to-date pc, steady broadband connection and no lag.

It just happens sometimes even when there's no lag at all
during the game from other players.

I never have any problems playing other online games(=>
non-zone). Counterstrike - Day of defeat - Rtcw etc

In the beginning everything works fine, but then after 5
min / 10 min /20 min/.. etc I disconnect. Yet sometimes it
works fine and I can play normally.

When I disconnect, the game freezes up, then I get the
voting window (ingame), like when a player drops and you
can choose if you want to continue or wait. But I'm the
only one there apparantly and so I just resign and quit :/.

Running on Xp sp1 (updated)
Radeon 9600 256mb Catalyst 4.5
MD5000Mainboard motherboard 3.1 ghz
786 ddr swissbit ram pc 3200
Telenet broadband internet behind Us Robotics 8003 router
8 answers Last reply
More about conquerors disconnects
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Oh, yeah, now that I think of it.
    It's not my pc or anything. Because I tried playing on
    another pc (same router/network) and it had the same
    problems..

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi,

    Remove your system from the network and connect
    directly to the internet connection to determine if your
    home network / router is causing the issue. Good luck!

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19d601c49cd3$5ca13dc0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    | Oh, yeah, now that I think of it.
    | It's not my pc or anything. Because I tried playing on
    | another pc (same router/network) and it had the same
    | problems..

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Thx Jimmy;

    Well, I took out my router and connected directly to the
    inet. (Took me a while to figure it all out because I
    forgot I had a half static ip adress and had to wait an
    hour to get a new ip :p)

    This time, while playing, I didnt have any disconnects so
    I suppose my router is causing the trouble.
    Now for my next question, why is my router doing this and
    how do I fix it :)
    Remind that I'm not having troubles playing other games
    online..

    My router:
    U.S Robotics Broadband Router (non-wireless)
    Model 8003
    100mbs
    4 slots
    Built in firewall

    Any help/replies is, as always, appreciated

    (Ps; sorry for my spelling)
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Oh yeah, and the disconnects also happen when the other
    pcs, connected to the router are turned off. So the other
    pcs arent causing anything.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi Rven,

    Your router might need a firmware update, or some components
    inside of it may have developed a defect. You should contact
    the folks at U.S Robotics for a tune up and inspection. :-)

    --

    "Rven" <kris_boiten@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1f0601c49efe$4e8dbc90$a501280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    I updated my firmware, and I *seem* do get less
    disconnects. I can stay connected longer to a game before
    disconnecting. Though, I'm not sure of it, it may be just
    luck :)

    So I'm going to give Us robotics a call/e-mail.

    Tnx for your help Jimmy.

    Btw; hints or tips are still welcome
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    "Rven" <kris_boiten@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:03b501c4a027$a2dd3030$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    |I updated my firmware, and I *seem* do get less
    | disconnects. I can stay connected longer to a game before
    | disconnecting. Though, I'm not sure of it, it may be just
    | luck :)
    |
    | So I'm going to give Us robotics a call/e-mail.
    |
    | Tnx for your help Jimmy.
    |
    | Btw; hints or tips are still welcome

    Hi Rven,

    Well, your ISP provides a modem which might benefit
    from an upgrade as well. Give them a call and see. :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    check your firewall settings.. try DMZing your pcs ip adress
    "Rven" <kris_boiten@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I updated my firmware, and I *seem* do get less
    > disconnects. I can stay connected longer to a game before
    > disconnecting. Though, I'm not sure of it, it may be just
    > luck :)
    >
    > So I'm going to give Us robotics a call/e-mail.
    >
    > Tnx for your help Jimmy.
    >
    > Btw; hints or tips are still welcome

Connection Games Video Games