dsquare

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2004
I plan to buy a Viewsonic NextVision N5 TV tuner box and connect to my 19" monitor, to preserve the best possible signal, I want to connect each VGA and TV signal separately to the monitor, rather than using the pass through feature of the box. I am looking for a Female to two Males vga spiltter but all I can find is Male-two Females splitter. Will KVM switch box work, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I have the Viewsonic VB50HRTV, a predecessor to the Nextgen N4, N5... I found absolutely no degredation with the passthru video. The Nextgen N5 is a different design with a completely different tuner circuit but it should work equally well.

I also have a KVM switch and it does degrades signal. It produces shadow characters with text, especially at resolutions over 800x600. Granted, the KVM I have is a cheap, generic model, the type with a rotary mechanical switch, but it's something to consider.

Personally, I'd suggest you try the N5 alone and test the Passthru. If you don't like the results then try your idea with a KVM.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 08/20/04 01:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>