Audition - save position?

Last response: in Home Audio
May 16, 2005 2:00:16 AM

Hi,

Is there any way to save your position (where you left off editing) in
Adobe Audition version 1.0? The cue points aren't saved when the
program is closed, or else that would work fine. Any help would be
appreciated!

By the way, I'm referring to only the Edit view, not the multitrack
view.

Thanks,
PlainDave

More about : audition save position

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:38:49 AM

"PlainDave" <doremido@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to save your position (where you left off editing) in
> Adobe Audition version 1.0? The cue points aren't saved when the
> program is closed, or else that would work fine. Any help would be
> appreciated!

You should have a check-box in the "Save" dialog box that lets you save
extra non-audio information. If you check that, the cue-points will be
saved. I usually create a marker called "Stopped here" when I finally hit
the hay.

Peace,
Paul
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 7:28:26 PM

"Paul Stamler" <pstamlerhell@pobox.com> wrote:

>"PlainDave" <doremido@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way to save your position (where you left off editing) in
>> Adobe Audition version 1.0? The cue points aren't saved when the
>> program is closed, or else that would work fine. Any help would be
>> appreciated!
>
>You should have a check-box in the "Save" dialog box that lets you save
>extra non-audio information. If you check that, the cue-points will be
>saved. I usually create a marker called "Stopped here" when I finally hit
>the hay.

This will work for wav files and other file types that support documentation.
It will not work with aif files.

Norbert
May 17, 2005 8:23:14 PM

"PlainDave" <doremido@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to save your position (where you left off editing) in
> Adobe Audition version 1.0? The cue points aren't saved when the
> program is closed, or else that would work fine. Any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> By the way, I'm referring to only the Edit view, not the multitrack
> view.
>
> Thanks,
> PlainDave

If I'm not mistaken, saving the "session" will save all the info about what
is going on right then. Cue marks, edit position, all kinds of stuff.

Tom P.

Unless I'm mistaken.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 8:23:15 PM

"Henry Padilla" <padillah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "PlainDave" <doremido@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way to save your position (where you left
off editing) in
> > Adobe Audition version 1.0? The cue points aren't saved
when the
> > program is closed, or else that would work fine. Any
help would be
> > appreciated!
> >
> > By the way, I'm referring to only the Edit view, not the
multitrack
> > view.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > PlainDave
>
> If I'm not mistaken, saving the "session" will save all
the info about what
> is going on right then. Cue marks, edit position, all
kinds of stuff.

Agreed. Furthermore, cue marks created in one view are
visible in the other.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 9:40:19 AM

Hi again,

Thanks to all for the replies and info.

Blessings,
PlainDave
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 6:40:26 PM

On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:28:26 +0200, Norbert Hahn <NorbertHahn@gmx.net>
wrote:

> "Paul Stamler" <pstamlerhell@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>> "PlainDave" <doremido@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any way to save your position (where you left off editing) in
>>> Adobe Audition version 1.0? The cue points aren't saved when the
>>> program is closed, or else that would work fine. Any help would be
>>> appreciated!
>>
>> You should have a check-box in the "Save" dialog box that lets you save
>> extra non-audio information. If you check that, the cue-points will be
>> saved. I usually create a marker called "Stopped here" when I finally
>> hit
>> the hay.
>
> This will work for wav files and other file types that support
> documentation.
> It will not work with aif files.

The original question was related to Adobe Audition. The default file
format for Audition is .wav so talking about aif files in this context is
irrelevant.

If you really want to use this feature with aif files then maybe you could
import the .aif file into a multitrack session and save a marker with the
session file.

Cheers.

James.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 6:40:27 PM

"James Perrett" <James.Perrett@noc.soton.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:o psqy39onzdjgvgv@news.nerc.ac.uk...
> On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:28:26 +0200, Norbert Hahn <NorbertHahn@gmx.net>
SNIP

>> This will work for wav files and other file types that support
>> documentation.
>> It will not work with aif files.
>
> The original question was related to Adobe Audition. The default file
> format for Audition is .wav so talking about aif files in this context is
> irrelevant.

Why would you say that? I use Audition professionally every day. I have
clients who feel more comfortable receiving aiff files. Audition saves to
that format (and many others) with one additional click. I'd never thought
about whether markers are saved in aiff format as they are in wave files.
Good information to know. Now, I have to check to see if markers are saved
in MP3, which has become my most requested delivery format for voice-overs.
I doubt it. :-(

Steve King
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 3:46:52 PM

"James Perrett" <James.Perrett@noc.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 17 May 2005 15:28:26 +0200, Norbert Hahn <NorbertHahn@gmx.net>
>wrote:

>> This will work for wav files and other file types that support
>> documentation.
>> It will not work with aif files.
>
>The original question was related to Adobe Audition. The default file
>format for Audition is .wav so talking about aif files in this context is
>irrelevant.

Not so with my installation of Audition: I usually record with an Alesis
ML-9600 and transfer in a format which Alesis calls CD-24. Actually the
CDs are ISO compatible recorded and the sound files are aif.

Audition opens these files without any problem and saves them in the same
format - aif. And here I will loose the cue lists. So I have to use
"save as" and switch the format to wav.

Norbert
!