Help! How to attach a printer wirelessly to network

Last response: in Networking
a b F Wireless
June 3, 2004 6:20:51 AM

hi, I currently have a wireless network setup with two desktops and one
notebook using the microsoft wireless desktop kit (running 802.11b/g). i
just purchased a hp laserjet 3030 all-in-one multifunction device, which has
a USB out but no built-in ethernet support. the jetdirect print server from
hp, which will provide wireless connectivity, is just too expensive! can
someone suggest an alternative to connect this device wireless to my
network? i have a spare microsoft USB 802.11b external adapter, but the
connector is different from that on my laserjet. is a connector i can
purchase? will it work?

much appreciate if someone can help!!
June 3, 2004 11:33:28 AM

to Connect a Printer to the router you can use a wireless print server,
use a wired print server, or you can connect it to a computer that
shares the device. You will have to keep the computer on whenever you
want to use the printer.

David Wong wrote:
> hi, I currently have a wireless network setup with two desktops and one
> notebook using the microsoft wireless desktop kit (running 802.11b/g). i
> just purchased a hp laserjet 3030 all-in-one multifunction device, which has
> a USB out but no built-in ethernet support. the jetdirect print server from
> hp, which will provide wireless connectivity, is just too expensive! can
> someone suggest an alternative to connect this device wireless to my
> network? i have a spare microsoft USB 802.11b external adapter, but the
> connector is different from that on my laserjet. is a connector i can
> purchase? will it work?
>
> much appreciate if someone can help!!

December 9, 2012 4:37:06 AM

Hi, the printer that is connected with the USB cable to the desktop that is the one
you setup for sharing. The other desktops that are wireless just install the printer and it should work with no problem. Do not share the other Wireless desktop PC's.
!