Sign in with
Your question

Why do games crash on my laptop

Last response: in Windows 7
July 6, 2012 4:27:14 PM

my laptop always crashes when i play any game. my processor is core 2 duo, operating system is windows 7 ultimate , clock speed is 2.6ghz, nvidia geforce 105m version : 301.42 . its packard bell easynote NJ65, Ram : 4gb, 2 gb graphic card. please help me

More about : games crash laptop

July 6, 2012 4:58:21 PM

Have you attempted to monitor the cpu and gpu temperatures?

It's possible that one of them is overheating and shutting down to protect itself.
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 6, 2012 7:57:32 PM

Hi :) 

WHICH games and does your laptop meet their requirements ??

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 6, 2012 8:21:44 PM

gaming laptop=oxymoron
m
l
July 6, 2012 8:57:04 PM

shubham sood said:
my laptop always crashes when i play any game. my processor is core 2 duo, operating system is windows 7 ultimate , clock speed is 2.6ghz, nvidia geforce 105m version : 301.42 . its packard bell easynote NJ65, Ram : 4gb, 2 gb graphic card. please help me

Your laptop is a cheap pc with integrated graphics processing from intel, which is practically useless in rendering 3d game graphics.
m
l
July 6, 2012 9:03:33 PM

A lot of laptops suffer from overheating, what are the temps like? Many laptops seem to go out with cooling systems that just about cope on the design bench with little thought to what happens when the dust builds up six months down the line.

Is it shutting down, freezing or coming up with an error code?

If you have an air duster you can try giving a blast with that at the exhaust vent to see if the dust goes flying, good lungful of air is better than nothing:)  My sister's Dell 1525 didn't seem to be dirty until I took the cooling mechanism out and found a perfectly formed fluffy plug neatly hidden, no wonder it was toasty.
m
l
!