Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Volume of Alarms in Datebk5

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:59:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hello:

I don't recall making any deliberate changes, but my alarms from
DateBk 5 are now at maximum volume levels, despite my settings in
Prefs to use low volume for alarms. Up until a few days ago, DateBk5
respected the Prefs setting. Can anyone help - this is very annoying
to me and my co-workers! Yes, I can let the built-in datebook handle
the alarms, and the volume is according to the prefs - but I miss out
on all the niceness of the DateBk5 alarm system.

If it matters, I'm running a Kyocera 6035 "smartphone" , Palm ver
3.5.3, DateBk5 v 5.0b, Datebk5DB v 3.5

Thanks in advance
Roy

More about : volume alarms datebk5

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 9:31:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 8 Jul 2004 09:59:10 -0700, Roy Brewer had this to say...


> Hello:
>
> I don't recall making any deliberate changes, but my alarms from
> DateBk 5 are now at maximum volume levels, despite my settings in
> Prefs to use low volume for alarms. Up until a few days ago, DateBk5
> respected the Prefs setting. Can anyone help - this is very annoying
> to me and my co-workers! Yes, I can let the built-in datebook handle
> the alarms, and the volume is according to the prefs - but I miss out
> on all the niceness of the DateBk5 alarm system.
>
> If it matters, I'm running a Kyocera 6035 "smartphone" , Palm ver
> 3.5.3, DateBk5 v 5.0b, Datebk5DB v 3.5
>
> Thanks in advance
> Roy
>

It was fixed, you are running an old version, download the latest
version 5.1b,p3

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 11:15:56 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Jim Anderson <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b5740bc236a039d98979a@news.frontiernet.net>...
> On 8 Jul 2004 09:59:10 -0700, Roy Brewer had this to say...
>
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I don't recall making any deliberate changes, but my alarms from
> > DateBk 5 are now at maximum volume levels, despite my settings in
> > Prefs to use low volume for alarms. Up until a few days ago, DateBk5
> > respected the Prefs setting. Can anyone help - this is very annoying
> > to me and my co-workers! Yes, I can let the built-in datebook handle
> > the alarms, and the volume is according to the prefs - but I miss out
> > on all the niceness of the DateBk5 alarm system.
> >
> > If it matters, I'm running a Kyocera 6035 "smartphone" , Palm ver
> > 3.5.3, DateBk5 v 5.0b, Datebk5DB v 3.5
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Roy
> >
>
> It was fixed, you are running an old version, download the latest
> version 5.1b,p3


I downloaded and installed the latest version - 5.1b, s1. The problem
persists. Thanks for your help. Do you have any other suggestions?

Roy
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 9, 2004 2:45:27 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 8 Jul 2004 19:15:56 -0700, royb@bee.net (Roy Brewer) waived the
right to be silent and professed:

>
>I downloaded and installed the latest version - 5.1b, s1. The problem
>persists. Thanks for your help. Do you have any other suggestions?
>

You're not overclocking, are you?

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 6:06:36 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Jim Anderson said:

; It was fixed, you are running an old version, download the latest
; version 5.1b,p3

That is an old beta version. The current version is 5.1b s6.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan <*> www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled <*> Send personal mail to gordol

"When the pressure gets on, leaders should not compromise those
institutions that are so important for democracy." George W. Bush,
4/18/02
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 6:43:06 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 8 Jul 2004 19:15:56 -0700, Roy Brewer had this to say...


> Jim Anderson <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b5740bc236a039d98979a@news.frontiernet.net>...
> > On 8 Jul 2004 09:59:10 -0700, Roy Brewer had this to say...
> >
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > I don't recall making any deliberate changes, but my alarms from
> > > DateBk 5 are now at maximum volume levels, despite my settings in
> > > Prefs to use low volume for alarms. Up until a few days ago, DateBk5
> > > respected the Prefs setting. Can anyone help - this is very annoying
> > > to me and my co-workers! Yes, I can let the built-in datebook handle
> > > the alarms, and the volume is according to the prefs - but I miss out
> > > on all the niceness of the DateBk5 alarm system.
> > >
> > > If it matters, I'm running a Kyocera 6035 "smartphone" , Palm ver
> > > 3.5.3, DateBk5 v 5.0b, Datebk5DB v 3.5
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > Roy
> > >
> >
> > It was fixed, you are running an old version, download the latest
> > version 5.1b,p3
>
>
> I downloaded and installed the latest version - 5.1b, s1. The problem
> persists. Thanks for your help. Do you have any other suggestions?
>
> Roy
>

You could post to the support group @ Yahoo
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pimlicodatebk/&gt;
The author and beta testers hangs out there and answers many questions.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 10:39:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

royb@bee.net (Roy Brewer) wrote in
news:1f9b51f7.0407080859.ac9cd11@posting.google.com:

> Hello:
>
> I don't recall making any deliberate changes, but my alarms
> from DateBk 5 are now at maximum volume levels, despite my
> settings in Prefs to use low volume for alarms. Up until a
> few days ago, DateBk5 respected the Prefs setting. Can
> anyone help - this is very annoying to me and my
> co-workers!

Under Datebk5 alarms preferences, is Datebk5 set to handle
alarms?

--
Regards,

Stan
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 5:41:16 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Thanks for all your responses. Here's my answers:

1) I'll try the Yahoo site next.
2) No - I'm not overclocking
3) I downloaded the version that was on the Pimlico webpage - perhaps
I was looking at the wrong site or an older webpage?
4) If I set DateBk5 to handle alarms, then the alarms are very loud.
If I don't check this, the alarms are at normal volume, but then I get
the old (internal built-in Palm datebook) alarm style. In other words,
this check box works as expected, its just the alarm volume that does
not.

- Roy
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:47:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Roy Brewer wrote:
> 4) If I set DateBk5 to handle alarms, then the alarms are very loud.
> If I don't check this, the alarms are at normal volume, but then I get
> the old (internal built-in Palm datebook) alarm style. In other words,
> this check box works as expected, its just the alarm volume that does
> not.

Have you tried contacting Pimlico directly? I actually met the guy
who develops DateBk5, and he's a really sharp and very efficient guy.
If it's really a bug, he'd probably want to fix it and could probably
have it fixed in no time.

One other thing to try would be a TOTALLY clean install of DateBk5.
Do a hotsync, then hard-reset your device. Then hotsync again, but
choose a new dummy username so you have a totally separate context
to work in. Then install the version of DateBk5 you are using, and
see if the alarm works properly. Then, hard-reset again and choose
your original hotsync username to put everything back like it was.

- Logan
!