Best notebook for less than $1,200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noya

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
I was thinking about getting a new notebook, but I have no clue which is the best for the money. I've noticed entry-level Core Duo notebooks are in my budget. Any word on AMD X2 notebook pricing? Probably out of my budget :( . I would like at least 1gb of RAM, DVD/RW, and a decent sized hard drive (80gb+). Oh, and a decent warranty. Any suggestions?

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Do consider Dell Inspiron E1505 (Intel Core Duo) under $1200... i personally don't like AMD so i won't suggest anyone of them...

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I was thinking about getting a new notebook, but I have no clue which is the best for the money. I've noticed entry-level Core Duo notebooks are in my budget. Any word on AMD X2 notebook pricing? Probably out of my budget :( . I would like at least 1gb of RAM, DVD/RW, and a decent sized hard drive (80gb+). Oh, and a decent warranty. Any suggestions?

The core duo is IMO, the best out there right now. Dell just slashed prices on this one and is a great buy. Yes, it's a dell. They do make very good laptops.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2073

ronin_cse

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I have been shopping around web sites looking at laptops today and there are actually a lot of good ones for less than $1,200. Dell has some good deals, and so does gateway and HP. You can easily get something with 1 gb ram, 60 gb hd, an intel core duo, and even an ATI graphics card for under $1,200...also gateway has a pretty good trade in program, I should be able to get about $350 for my four year old sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.