Asus Supreme FX II Sound Issue

booj2600

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
Alright guys, got a kinda weird mystery today. So just got internet earlier, haven't had it in a few weeks, was pretty stoked. Plug the ethernet in, everything is fine and dandy for a few. Go to play a game of Dota 2, it crashes, nothing surprising there so I try restarting the computer.

Now when I get back in, I see that Chrome isn't working (I had to reinstall it to make it work again) and that my sound has stopped working too. It has that red "x" on it in the system tray and says "No audio device has been installed." Which is weird, since it has worked fine before I got internet.

So I check the sound manager and it lists nothing, not even disabled/disconnected devices. Check cables, they're all plugged in. Try downloading the Asus Striker 2 drivers and when I go to install them I get the error: "The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware." Then it has a note about making sure to restart the computer, which I have, numerous times. I even ran HWInfo to make sure I was getting the right drivers and it couldn't detect a sound card at all. However, the card is still lit up in its fancy blue inside the case, so I don't think the PCI slot shut down.

So now you've heard my tale. What kinda info do you need and what should I try so we can solve this bizarre case?

Edit: Meant to say I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Asus Striker 2 mobo. Haven't had any problems like this before a few hours ago. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Triger27

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I have the same problem as you, but instead of dota 2 i was playing guild wars 2, i tried reinstalling the drivers but it wont let me, it gives me the same error message. My motherboard is a Maximus Formula and my audio is a Supreme fx 2.

Can some1 help?