Windows 7 System Image Recovery Trouble

monsterrain

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Hi guys,

I think my 1tb hard drive may have gone down earlier this week. Luckily, I had stored a system image of it through Windows 7 on my 640gb hd on the same computer. I got another 1tb hd to replace the one that seemed to go bad. I removed the old 1tb hd and replaced it with the new one. That leads me to my problem...

When I run System Image Restore from the Windows 7 installation disc, it finds the latest image that was saved on the 640gb hd. When I select that and go to the next screen it says, "The system image is on a hard disk, but Windows needs to format that disk to restore your computer. Choose a different image to restore."

Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

monsterrain

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
It does not give me an option of where to restore it. Makes me think that my original hd didn't go bad, but rather the port on the mb is the culprit. I'll check out the BIOS to see if the drive shows up there.

monsterrain

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I did notice that in my hard drive boot up sequence section of BIOS that the 640gb hd was the first priority, then the 1tb. I switched them to see if that will make a difference.