Can I upgrade from XP to Windows 7 please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjudd

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Okay so I am building a new system and I have a copy of XP to put on the system, but I want 7. I can get a copy of Windows 7 ultimate for 10, but it is an anytime upgrade, so can i use that or do i have to buy a copy of 7 then buy the upgrade

Solution
anytime upgrades are not OS upgrades, they are just windows 7 version changes. it would be cheaper to just buy OEM windows 7 home premium for $100.

There is an even cheaper option though. upgrades from XP to windows 8 pro are only $40. And pro versions of windows come with downgrade rights. So when windows 8 comes out you could buy the "upgrade", then just install windows 7.
anytime upgrades are not OS upgrades, they are just windows 7 version changes. it would be cheaper to just buy OEM windows 7 home premium for $100.

There is an even cheaper option though. upgrades from XP to windows 8 pro are only $40. And pro versions of windows come with downgrade rights. So when windows 8 comes out you could buy the "upgrade", then just install windows 7.

Solution

gjudd

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012

so could i use the trial and upgrade the trial version with the wau

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

No. Installing any version of Windows 7 for 30 days is completely legal and not a circumvention of the operating system's security measures. If he had told him what to do after the 30 days, then yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.