Help version

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hy, i'm italian, and i have a problem.
Yesterday I downloaded the 2.0a version and I instal it, but when I try to
play I see CD 2.0!!!! why?
My friends have all the 2.0a version....so I can't play with they.

Sorry for the language.
4 answers Last reply
More about help version
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi Lotti,

    "Lotti" <$uin$@email.it> wrote in message news:AKQOd.26401$lB4.703832@twister1.libero.it...
    > Hy, i'm italian, and i have a problem.
    > Yesterday I downloaded the 2.0a version and I instal it, but when I try to play I see CD 2.0!!!! why?
    > My friends have all the 2.0a version....so I can't play with they.
    >
    > Sorry for the language.

    Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and patch):

    Step A: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, delete the game and then
    the game's folder especially if you previously experienced problems
    with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

    Step B: Click Start to Search/Find your game. Many times there are two installs
    of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
    installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
    and delete the folder.

    Step C: Reboot your computer, Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any
    stray registry keys for the game, delete them., and re-install the game.
    Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

    Step D: Play a single player game, using an administrators account if necessary.

    Step E: Download new game patches or mods in case the old ones are corrupt.
    Double click the patch/mod to install it. If it's a .zip file, unzip it into the
    game's folder and follow the instruction in it's readme.txt file.

    Step F: Reboot your computer, verify that your game is working properly, and
    re-enable any programs that you disabled using the method in Step A.

    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi Lotti,

    "Lotti" <$uin$@email.it> wrote in message news:AKQOd.26401$lB4.703832@twister1.libero.it...
    | Hy, i'm italian, and i have a problem.
    | Yesterday I downloaded the 2.0a version and I instal it, but when I try to
    | play I see CD 2.0!!!! why?
    | My friends have all the 2.0a version....so I can't play with they.
    |
    | Sorry for the language.

    Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and patch):

    Step A: Temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time, starting with
    Firewall, Antivirus & AdBlockers using this method:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796 or this utility:
    http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php Reboot, go to Step B.

    Step B: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, delete the game and then
    the game's folder especially if you previously experienced problems
    with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

    Note: Click Start to Search or Find your game. Many times there are two installs
    of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
    installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
    and delete the folder.

    Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
    game, delete them. Reboot your computer, and then re-install the game.
    Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

    Step D: Play a single player game, using an administrators account if necessary.

    Step E: Download new game patches or mods in case the old ones are corrupt.
    Double click the patch/mod to install it. If it's a .zip file, unzip it into the
    game's folder and follow the instruction in it's readme.txt file.

    Step F: Reboot your computer, verify that your game is working properly, and
    re-enable any programs that you disabled using the method in Step A.

    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Thanks for your answer, I have unistalled the game, after, I reinstall and I
    install the 2.0a version.
    Now it recognizes 2.0a version.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    That's great! Thanks for posting the results. :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "Lotti" <$uin$@email.it> wrote in message news:PW8Pd.28116$QG6.488078@twister2.libero.it...
    > Thanks for your answer, I have unistalled the game, after, I reinstall and I install the 2.0a version.
    > Now it recognizes 2.0a version.

Games Microsoft CD-Rom Video Games