Help version

Last response: in Video Games
February 11, 2005 12:54:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hy, i'm italian, and i have a problem.
Yesterday I downloaded the 2.0a version and I instal it, but when I try to
play I see CD 2.0!!!! why?
My friends have all the 2.0a version....so I can't play with they.

Sorry for the language.

More about : version

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 4:04:22 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Lotti,

"Lotti" <$uin$@email.it> wrote in message news:AKQOd.26401$lB4.703832@twister1.libero.it...
> Hy, i'm italian, and i have a problem.
> Yesterday I downloaded the 2.0a version and I instal it, but when I try to play I see CD 2.0!!!! why?
> My friends have all the 2.0a version....so I can't play with they.
>
> Sorry for the language.

Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and patch):

Step A: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, delete the game and then
the game's folder especially if you previously experienced problems
with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

Step B: Click Start to Search/Find your game. Many times there are two installs
of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
and delete the folder.

Step C: Reboot your computer, Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any
stray registry keys for the game, delete them., and re-install the game.
Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Step D: Play a single player game, using an administrators account if necessary.

Step E: Download new game patches or mods in case the old ones are corrupt.
Double click the patch/mod to install it. If it's a .zip file, unzip it into the
game's folder and follow the instruction in it's readme.txt file.

Step F: Reboot your computer, verify that your game is working properly, and
re-enable any programs that you disabled using the method in Step A.

Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
February 11, 2005 4:27:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Lotti,

"Lotti" <$uin$@email.it> wrote in message news:AKQOd.26401$lB4.703832@twister1.libero.it...
| Hy, i'm italian, and i have a problem.
| Yesterday I downloaded the 2.0a version and I instal it, but when I try to
| play I see CD 2.0!!!! why?
| My friends have all the 2.0a version....so I can't play with they.
|
| Sorry for the language.

Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and patch):

Step A: Temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time, starting with
Firewall, Antivirus & AdBlockers using this method:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796 or this utility:
http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php Reboot, go to Step B.

Step B: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, delete the game and then
the game's folder especially if you previously experienced problems
with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

Note: Click Start to Search or Find your game. Many times there are two installs
of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
and delete the folder.

Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
game, delete them. Reboot your computer, and then re-install the game.
Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Step D: Play a single player game, using an administrators account if necessary.

Step E: Download new game patches or mods in case the old ones are corrupt.
Double click the patch/mod to install it. If it's a .zip file, unzip it into the
game's folder and follow the instruction in it's readme.txt file.

Step F: Reboot your computer, verify that your game is working properly, and
re-enable any programs that you disabled using the method in Step A.

Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
February 11, 2005 11:53:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Thanks for your answer, I have unistalled the game, after, I reinstall and I
install the 2.0a version.
Now it recognizes 2.0a version.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:08:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

That's great! Thanks for posting the results. :-)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

!