  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 5, 2005 4:03:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my hardware and now age of kings has stopped
working properly. When the game starts up and a map is loaded it
instantly scrolls up to top right and keeps doing that no matter what I do.

I've tried everything from reinstalling directx to turning off graphics
acceleration to checking the mouse setup and reinstalling the game, but
nothing seems to fix it.

All my other games are fine, including age of mythology.

Any suggestions?

Hardware AMD 3000+ on ABit NVidia motherboard. GFx card Hercules prophet
3D DDR-DVI

Jason

More about : odd problem game

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 2:50:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Jason,

Did you install any software similar to Abit EQ ?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Jason Ede" <j.d.ede.nospam@nospam.shef.ac.uk> wrote in message news:uDwrs8cOFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I've recently upgraded my hardware and now age of kings has stopped working properly. When the game starts up and a map is loaded
> it instantly scrolls up to top right and keeps doing that no matter what I do.
>
> I've tried everything from reinstalling directx to turning off graphics acceleration to checking the mouse setup and reinstalling
> the game, but nothing seems to fix it.
>
> All my other games are fine, including age of mythology.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Hardware AMD 3000+ on ABit NVidia motherboard. GFx card Hercules prophet 3D DDR-DVI
>
> Jason
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 12:19:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I did. Would that affect this? If so why only AOK?

Jason

Jimmy S. wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Did you install any software similar to Abit EQ ?

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 5:10:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Jason,

Yes, it does affect the game, and causes that issue.
Glad we were able to pinpoint it so easily. :-)
There is a software conflict between those two.

--

!