Odd problem with game

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my hardware and now age of kings has stopped
working properly. When the game starts up and a map is loaded it
instantly scrolls up to top right and keeps doing that no matter what I do.

I've tried everything from reinstalling directx to turning off graphics
acceleration to checking the mouse setup and reinstalling the game, but
nothing seems to fix it.

All my other games are fine, including age of mythology.

Any suggestions?

Hardware AMD 3000+ on ABit NVidia motherboard. GFx card Hercules prophet
3D DDR-DVI

Jason
3 answers Last reply
More about problem game
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi Jason,

    Did you install any software similar to Abit EQ ?

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Jason Ede" <j.d.ede.nospam@nospam.shef.ac.uk> wrote in message news:uDwrs8cOFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've recently upgraded my hardware and now age of kings has stopped working properly. When the game starts up and a map is loaded
    > it instantly scrolls up to top right and keeps doing that no matter what I do.
    >
    > I've tried everything from reinstalling directx to turning off graphics acceleration to checking the mouse setup and reinstalling
    > the game, but nothing seems to fix it.
    >
    > All my other games are fine, including age of mythology.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Hardware AMD 3000+ on ABit NVidia motherboard. GFx card Hercules prophet 3D DDR-DVI
    >
    > Jason
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    I did. Would that affect this? If so why only AOK?

    Jason

    Jimmy S. wrote:
    > Hi Jason,
    >
    > Did you install any software similar to Abit EQ ?

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi Jason,

    Yes, it does affect the game, and causes that issue.
    Glad we were able to pinpoint it so easily. :-)
    There is a software conflict between those two.

    --

    "Jason Ede" <j.d.ede.nospam@nospam.shef.ac.uk> wrote in message news:eAkf4jnOFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    |I did. Would that affect this? If so why only AOK?
    |
    | Jason
    |
    | Jimmy S. wrote:
    | > Hi Jason,
    | >
    | > Did you install any software similar to Abit EQ ?

Hardware Games Video Games