MN-700 - Internet disconnecting

I have the MN-700 router. I used to use a DLink 604
wired router and the DSL would always be connected. After
switching to the MN-700 router, I have to wait for the
router to connect to the DSL service everytime I do not
use the internet connection for a few minutes. The
internet connection drops quite often, 5 - 10 minutes of
not using the connection. I do not experience drops when
I am downloading or using the connection constantly.
Also, my upload speeds are now below 80kbits (using MN-
700) when they used to be 130-140kbits (using DLink
router).

My setup-
---------------
SBC PPPOE DSL
2 wired computers (win XP and 98)
Speedstream DSL modem (can't remember model #)
MN-740 XBox adapter connected to XBox
---------------
2 answers Last reply
More about internet disconnecting

    Hi,

    Have you checked to make sure you have the latest firmware update for your
    MN-700?
    To download the latest firmware go to this website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/15_Downloads.aspx

    Select the Mn-700, and then download the Automatic update file.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Nelson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the MN-700 router. I used to use a DLink 604
    > wired router and the DSL would always be connected. After
    > switching to the MN-700 router, I have to wait for the
    > router to connect to the DSL service everytime I do not
    > use the internet connection for a few minutes. The
    > internet connection drops quite often, 5 - 10 minutes of
    > not using the connection. I do not experience drops when
    > I am downloading or using the connection constantly.
    > Also, my upload speeds are now below 80kbits (using MN-
    > 700) when they used to be 130-140kbits (using DLink
    > router).
    >

    > My setup-
    > ---------------
    > SBC PPPOE DSL
    > 2 wired computers (win XP and 98)
    > Speedstream DSL modem (can't remember model #)
    > MN-740 XBox adapter connected to XBox

    Everything is up to date. I double checked just in case
    and the update program verifies that each of the three
    entries is up to date.

    Thanks,
    Nelson

Routers Connection Internet Connection Networking