How to turn the gate?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

When placing a gate, how do you rotate it?

"Ken Paul" <thepauls@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> When placing a gate, how do you rotate it?

That can sometimes be a problem. After you click the gate button move your
cursor around and around the area you want to build in, while holding the
left mouse button down. Usually the gate will eventually rotate in the
direction you want. When it does, release the mouse button. But sometimes it
can be very cranky. I see this mostly when I'm trying to build a gate on a
slope. Sometimes no matter what I do it just won't rotate the way I want it.

In those cases do this. Proceed as if you plan to build a single wall
segment where the edge of the gate would go. Before your villager begins the
wall segment, select build gate. Now it should be much easier to rotate the
gate into the exact place you want it - over the top of the unbuilt wall
segment. Its as if sometimes the gate building routine needs a template (the
unbuilt wall segment) to get started correctly.

Michael Ward
Fort Worth, Texas

kim

"Michael Ward" <mward258@charterNOSPAM.net> wrote in message
> "Ken Paul" <thepauls@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>> When placing a gate, how do you rotate it?
>>

> That can sometimes be a problem. After you click the gate button move your
> cursor around and around the area you want to build in, while holding the
> left mouse button down. Usually the gate will eventually rotate in the
> direction you want. When it does, release the mouse button. But sometimes
> it can be very cranky. I see this mostly when I'm trying to build a gate
> on a slope. Sometimes no matter what I do it just won't rotate the way I
> want it.
>
> In those cases do this. Proceed as if you plan to build a single wall
> segment where the edge of the gate would go. Before your villager begins
> the wall segment, select build gate. Now it should be much easier to
> rotate the gate into the exact place you want it - over the top of the
> unbuilt wall segment. Its as if sometimes the gate building routine needs
> a template (the unbuilt wall segment) to get started correctly.

Alternatively select a villie and lay down four wall segments where you want
the gate to go but before any of the sections is completed select gate and
lay it over the four unbuilt segments.

(kim)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

here is a trick to get the first gate ti line up the way you want it simply
lay down a few walls before teh vill get tto the wall to not waste stone stop
them select gate then line it up with the wall replacing the unbuild wall
placings walaa perfect linup every time which in the case of live dm play is
needed to be done very quickly then like the gate up with as many as you need
and relelber this gate have 1000 extra hit points and they allow you to go
threw teh more gate the more flow so use only gates no need for walls and you
get totaLy unrestrickte flow have fun