Sign in with
Your question

AMD high definition audio device

Last response: in Windows 7
July 7, 2012 3:15:07 PM

where can i get a free drive on my outdated AMD high definition audio device.
July 7, 2012 3:26:05 PM

alendrio said:

It is included in the driver package for the display adapter for your model AMD Radeon.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2012 4:06:14 PM

alendrio said:

The HD audio hardware in the computer was not made by AMD (although it is constructed with AMD chips). Download the entire manual for the computer or motherboard from the computer or motherboard manufacturer website.
Check the specifications for the audio hardware. Identify the manufacturer of the audio hardware and the version of the product, model number.
Now go to "that" manufacturer's website and download the correct current driver.
Turn security OFF when installing the driver.
m
l
Related resources
July 7, 2012 5:51:50 PM

soundguruman said:
The HD audio hardware in the computer was not made by AMD (although it is constructed with AMD chips). Download the entire manual for the computer or motherboard from the computer or motherboard manufacturer website.
Check the specifications for the audio hardware. Identify the manufacturer of the audio hardware and the version of the product, model number.
Now go to "that" manufacturer's website and download the correct current driver.
Turn security OFF when installing the driver.

AMD High Definition Audio device is usually the sound output associated with HDMI/DVI out on Radeon cards. Once again, this is included in the Catalyst driver package available on AMDs website.
m
l
June 27, 2013 7:37:57 AM

alendrio said:

m
l
!