Cassette Alignment Tape

Last response: in Home Audio
May 20, 2005 8:53:23 PM

I need a cassette alignment tape, actually for speed adjustment. Anybody
know where I can find one? I don't have a deck that I trust enough to
make my own.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 9:16:30 PM

In article <a6SdnZsiUbal0xPfRVn-jw@portbridge.com>,
mcp6453 <mcp6453@earthlink.net> wrote:
>I need a cassette alignment tape, actually for speed adjustment. Anybody
>know where I can find one? I don't have a deck that I trust enough to
>make my own.

Tascam will sell you a dozen different kinds. The one for the Tascam 122
seems to be a good one for a variety of other machines.

Parts Express used to have a cheap one and they probably still do.
--scott
May 21, 2005 1:46:04 AM

In article <a6SdnZsiUbal0xPfRVn-jw@portbridge.com> mcp6453@earthlink.net writes:

> I need a cassette alignment tape, actually for speed adjustment. Anybody
> know where I can find one? I don't have a deck that I trust enough to
> make my own.

Everything you need is here if you have the bucks:

http://www.jrfmagnetics.com/basftapes.html

Standard reference tapes are hand made on precisely aligned recorders,
so they aren't cheap.