Get into the multiplayer game screen and recieve an error ..

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2005 1:33:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I get into the Multiplayer Game screen in the game and when I click "i'm
ready!" after a few seconds it starts to launch and then says there is an
error and my name is the one that appears "un-ready". Also when I get to
this screen, I can see everyone's Zone nickname except for the one below me.
I have all the updates and I installed the game properly, can anyone help me?
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 9:03:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi d1n,

"d1nonlygiantsfan" <d1nonlygiantsfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I get into the Multiplayer Game screen in the game and when I click "i'm
| ready!" after a few seconds it starts to launch and then says there is an
| error and my name is the one that appears "un-ready". Also when I get to
| this screen, I can see everyone's Zone nickname except for the one below me.
| I have all the updates and I installed the game properly, can anyone help me?

Sounds like there's a firewall in your Router or Broadband Modem:

Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
(De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.

Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports

To setup your router yourself visit: www.portforward.com/routers.htm

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User