Get into the multiplayer game screen and recieve an error ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I get into the Multiplayer Game screen in the game and when I click "i'm
ready!" after a few seconds it starts to launch and then says there is an
error and my name is the one that appears "un-ready". Also when I get to
this screen, I can see everyone's Zone nickname except for the one below me.
I have all the updates and I installed the game properly, can anyone help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about multiplayer game screen recieve error
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

    Hi d1n,

    "d1nonlygiantsfan" <d1nonlygiantsfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I get into the Multiplayer Game screen in the game and when I click "i'm
    | ready!" after a few seconds it starts to launch and then says there is an
    | error and my name is the one that appears "un-ready". Also when I get to
    | this screen, I can see everyone's Zone nickname except for the one below me.
    | I have all the updates and I installed the game properly, can anyone help me?

    Sounds like there's a firewall in your Router or Broadband Modem:

    Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a "DMZ"
    (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled) to bypass the
    built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the equipment with you.

    Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
    and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports

    To setup your router yourself visit: www.portforward.com/routers.htm

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User