Can a ATI AIW VE do this… ?

WellCookedFetus

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
I have a Geforce 4 ti4400 (o/c 320/700 and proud of it!:D ) but I also want a TV tuner and mpeg2 capture so I was thinking I could buy a ATi All-In-Wonder VE and put it into one of my PCI slots and dual monitor it so i have my GF4 for games and my AIW for TV. Can that work???

If the ATI card is not the primary card, it won't allow you the video features. It won;'t let you run the AGP card at the same time and keep the features.
*ATI's thinking*: 'Well sir, we have this VERY nice AIW9700/9800 over here to suit your needs, unfortunately the VE is not made for use with other cards. So will that be cash or cheque?'

I had to remove my AIW-128PCI for that very reason, I miss it so! But that is their thinking. Either you can buy the TV wonder to add to your graphics card, or the Full on AIW.
The VE will still work as a graphics card (for dual monitor, etc) it just disables the in/out.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK