sudden exit to windows

I am having a problem running Train Simulator now that I
have installed the new Nvidia GeforceFX5900 AGP. I have a
Phillips sonic edge 5.1 sound card and all the latest
Direct X and Nvidia display drivers. I also have 1GB of
ram, why is the game suddenly exiting to Windows at any
time it feels like?
Do I have to wait for a update to be released or is there
a simpler solution?
I know microsoft are aware of issues regarding some of
their games not supporting the FX5900, is there anything
you guys can help me with?

I have found that turning off all items running that are
not needed to run simulators, increases the ability for
some computers to keep running. Try that!