MN700 Port Forwarding Woes

After much hassle I managed to get my FTP and Webservers
working but the MN700s Port Forwarding continues to cause
problems.

Azureus requires port 6881 to remain open and the test
dosn't detect a NAT error. HOWEVER, I *still* can't get
any remote connections (R) but only Local (L)
connections... this is usually a symptom of a NAT error
or port forwarding problem. What am I missing here?
5 answers Last reply
More about mn700 port forwarding woes

    The MN700 does not support loopback. If you are trying to
    simulate a remote connection using the WAN IP from a LAN
    client won't work. You need to use a client physically
    outside the LAN (or use a proxy physically outside the
    LAN).

    Did you use persistent or app-triggered? You may need to
    use a persistent port forwarding and assign a static IP
    to the PC, since app-triggered does not work with all
    apps.

    Use Bittornado 0.3.1.

    It'll open the ports automatically (via UPnP) and close them when you close
    the Bittornado window.

    Works perfectly here.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Veraxus" <veraxus@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > After much hassle I managed to get my FTP and Webservers
    > working but the MN700s Port Forwarding continues to cause
    > problems.
    >
    > Azureus requires port 6881 to remain open and the test
    > dosn't detect a NAT error. HOWEVER, I *still* can't get
    > any remote connections (R) but only Local (L)
    > connections... this is usually a symptom of a NAT error
    > or port forwarding problem. What am I missing here?

    I'm having the same problem with port forwarding with mn
    720. What is bittornado?

    Ken

    www.bittornado.com

    --

    > I'm having the same problem with port forwarding with mn
    > 720. What is bittornado?
    >
    > Ken

Routers Hardware Port Forwarding Microsoft Networking