halem111

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
i was just wondering if there is a difference in performance for example if i had an amthlon 2600 with 3200 or 3500 memory instead of 2700. Also if there is no difference then that means that 3200 which i think is 400mhz which is in sync with the top amd then wats the pint in the other memory like 3800 surely theres no use for them. Also whats the difference between the different memory standards corsair meant to be good and all but is there really that much differece that its like twice as much. thanx :)

Stain

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
wondering if there is a difference in performance for example if i had an amthlon 2600 with 3200 or 3500 memory instead of 2700.
There is no difference, they will all run at 333fsb with the 2600+

wats the pint in the other memory like 3800 surely theres no use for them.
Overclocking.

whats the difference between the different memory standards corsair meant to be good and all but is there really that much differece that its like twice as much.
Quality memory will increase you system stability, run at better timings (which increase performance), and overclock better. I can't really say that quality is twice as good but I have used both no name and name brand, I've been lucky with no name and I've been unlucky. I stick with the good stuff now having learned the hard way (not believing it would make a difference). You can get by with value-brand named, I've never had a problem running these at spec.