Dynamic scenery FS2000 pro edition

Last response: in Video Games
April 15, 2004 4:50:42 PM

I am trying to increase dynamic scenery. Following the
instructions works ok for the default flight "Meigs
Field" but does not seem to work for any other airport.
i.e. no other aircraft etc are added despite changing
default to very dense. Any ideas please
April 20, 2004 10:54:32 PM

doug,

try going to settings\scenery library .
once there, be sure all the different 'scenery areas' are enabled.

then pick the 'scenery area' that best describes the area you fly in most.

( i.e. san francisco ) highlight that area with cursor, then hit the 'move
up' button once, then hit your enter key (or keep clicking 'move up' button
with cursor) .this will move that area that you highlighted up to a higher
position on the priority list.

also from the settings menu, click on 'air traffic control' and move
'traffic percent' slider to 100%.
if you start to get a major frame rate hit after 100% ai traffic, move
slider back some till frame rate becomes exceptable.
and set 'targetframe rate' just below at what ever your framerate is with
only clear blue sky.do not leave 'unlimited'.

i think this will achieve what you are looking for. goodluck !

"Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to increase dynamic scenery. Following the
> instructions works ok for the default flight "Meigs
> Field" but does not seem to work for any other airport.
> i.e. no other aircraft etc are added despite changing
> default to very dense. Any ideas please
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 5:43:13 PM

Thank you for replying. I can alter the scenery areas OK
but I cant get onto "air traffic control" or the "traffic
percent" slider. In settings/display there is no
reference to either. Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks again for the help

Related resources
April 22, 2004 12:43:10 AM

doug,

after clicking on 'settings' you will see 5 tabs toward left of your screen
that you may click on with cursor:

from top /down:

General
Display
Sound
International
Air Traffic Control

click on Air Traffic Control, then from there you should see the Traffic
Percent slider at top of new window.

if you still can't open, we need to get help from someone who has an idea as
to why not. or more research,which i'll be glad to help.

repost results either way, goodluck !

or mail me at junk box ibot94544@yahoo.com and i'll reply with comcast
address with pictures attached !

> Thank you for replying. I can alter the scenery areas OK
> but I cant get onto "air traffic control" or the "traffic
> percent" slider. In settings/display there is no
> reference to either. Am I missing something obvious?
> Thanks again for the help

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:38:10 AM

Thanks again for your time and quick reply.
As you say on settings I get 5 tabs. General,
display,sound,international but then I get "Instruments".
No mention of air traffic control neither there nor
anywhere else. I have never posted a query before so not
quite sure where to go from here.

I dont want to complicate things with another query but I
read in previous posts how to start a flight at a gate or
ramp rather than already set up at the end of a runway. I
followed the advice but I cant get onto "Active runway"
etc choice. Not too bothered about this but just another
minor irritation.

Anyway thank you again. Look forward to any further help.

Best regards
Doug

April 22, 2004 8:52:58 AM

doug,

wow, that is a strange one. i'm looking at USA version of fs2002Pro. if
you have the same, i suggest a re-install. that's the only thing i can think
of at this point :-(

> Thanks again for your time and quick reply.
> As you say on settings I get 5 tabs. General,
> display,sound,international but then I get "Instruments".
> No mention of air traffic control neither there nor
> anywhere else. I have never posted a query before so not
> quite sure where to go from here.
>
> I dont want to complicate things with another query but I
> read in previous posts how to start a flight at a gate or
> ramp rather than already set up at the end of a runway. I
> followed the advice but I cant get onto "Active runway"
> etc choice. Not too bothered about this but just another
> minor irritation.
>
> Anyway thank you again. Look forward to any further help.
>
> Best regards
> Doug

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 9:29:55 AM

Thanks again. I think I know what it is now. I am using
2000 version not 2002 or 2004. I notice from another post
dated 21/04/04 "FS2004 is it worth it?" Reference is made
to air traffic control" in the 2002 edition like yours. I
guess it was never in the 2000 version. I got the 2000
version when it was first available and for various
reasons I won't bore you with I have not used it for a
long time. I have just started to use it again. I suppose
I will just have to accept the problem or stop being a
cheapo and buy an up to date version.

Once again thanks for your help. I hope you don't think
I've wasted your time. At least I've learned where to ask
for help in future.

Best regards

Doug

April 22, 2004 9:43:37 AM

doug,

no problem.

if you have a fast machine, (i.e. p4, 2.4 cpu, 1 gig ram,128mg vid card)get
fs2004.

if not get fs2002pro, it runs well on a p3.
i've had minor issues with both,so post on if you need any help:-)

!