Playing midi files in Cakewalk 2002 Home Recording Studio

Last response: in Home Audio
May 24, 2005 12:36:26 AM

I'm trying to play some midi files in Cakewalk 2002, but I get no sound
output. When I go to Options > midi devices.., both my input and output
sources are activated.
????
Chumley
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 7:57:37 AM

"Chumley Walrus" <springb2k@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to play some midi files in Cakewalk 2002, but I get no sound
> output. When I go to Options > midi devices.., both my input and output
> sources are activated.
> ????
> Chumley

What soundcard are you using?
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:57:29 PM

"Chumley Walrus" <springb2k@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to play some midi files in Cakewalk 2002, but I get no sound
> output. When I go to Options > midi devices.., both my input and output
> sources are activated.
> ????
> Chumley

Hey Chumley:
I don't have Cake2002, but I do have Sonar.
Make sure the track where the midi file lays is pointing to the proper midi
device.

hehe...I always liked Chumley in Tennessee Tuxedo!

Poly
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 8:56:16 PM

>what sound card are you using

audigy2

>make sure the midi file lays is pointingto the proper midi device

it looks like it is (???)

>hehe...I always liked Chumley in Tennessee Tuxedo!

duh-duh-duh, gee Tennessee, i sat on my midi file, now it won't
play.....
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:53:02 AM

> >what sound card are you using
>
> audigy2
>
>>make sure the midi file lays is pointingto the proper midi device
>
> it looks like it is (???)
>
>>hehe...I always liked Chumley in Tennessee Tuxedo!
>
> duh-duh-duh, gee Tennessee, i sat on my midi file, now it won't
> play.....

When you play a MIDI file with Windows Media Player can you hear it OK?
!