FS2004: joystick

I had recently bought a new computer and installed FS2004
on it and went to put the Microsoft Sidewinder Force
Feedback pro Joystick when I figured out that my new
computer didn't have a game port on it. I was
considering buying a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback
2 Joystick (because it USB port), but it was not being
sold anymore. So I was wondering what would be another
good joystick to buy that is similar to Microsoft
Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick or if there would be
a way to connect my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback
pro.

Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about fs2004 joystick
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    Michael, I had the same problem. I really wanted to keep the Sidewinder because of the Forceback, and it worked so well in Win 98. My new XP computer would not run it with the USB connection, and I had no game port on the new computer. But, 50 dollarsa later, I had a Soundblaster sound card. I'm not sure but most (if not all) sound cards have game ports. After it's installation, Auto detect found the Sidewinder, and all is well. Good luck with whatever you do.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    Michael, the Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 is still available. Check
    http://shop.microsoft.com
    --
    +DocJeff
    Member Plus - Technical Support

    "Michael" <mike48084@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I had recently bought a new computer and installed FS2004
    > on it and went to put the Microsoft Sidewinder Force
    > Feedback pro Joystick when I figured out that my new
    > computer didn't have a game port on it. I was
    > considering buying a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback
    > 2 Joystick (because it USB port), but it was not being
    > sold anymore. So I was wondering what would be another
    > good joystick to buy that is similar to Microsoft
    > Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick or if there would be
    > a way to connect my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback
    > pro.
    >
    > Thanks.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation (More info?)

    i don't think so :-(

    from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/list.aspx?type=srch&view=22&qu=Sidewinder+Force+Feedback+2