First time on the site

Specs
Win 7 64 bit sp1
Intel dx79i motherboard updated with latest intel website drivers
intel i7 3820 3.6ghz
16 mb ram
800 w psu
Liquid cooling system on cpu
Nvidia gt 630 video card updated driver (checked with website)

I have just bought this system prebuilt for me and because it is all the way across the country i would prefer to eliminate any chance i have missed something simple.
The system works fine before i start those games up. In fact ive left it on for a day no problems while idle. Ive surfed the internet for an hour or more but as soon as i started these games i have had between 20 min to over an hour of play then the screen freezes mouse wont move and num lock will not change status. Ive tried the ctrl alt del no luck there and once ive left the comp on overnight to see if i can get an error message. I look in the event log nothing strange in the timeframe except power kernel shut off unexpectedly ..(because i now reset when this happens,) ive contacted the company that built this machine but have yet to hear a response.

I used windows live to update fallout 3

and diablo3 always updates i play hard core mode and someday i hope to build the monk past level 18 without having to anticipate comp glitches and network lags

I just am curious to know if there is a specific easy to intermediate way to capture a snapshot of what causes the system to freeze up without an error message.

Thanks

Joe M.

joeschmod2d

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009

I forgot i had started an account in 2009 but i needed to add that the OS is win 7 ultimate 64 bit if it helps any.