can anyone plwase explain to me how to plan a flight ie
lax to ord,and be able to stop anytime and continue at a
later date at the excact spot i left off at>>thank you
frank j d

Which Simulator? Fly!, Microsoft, X-Plane or Flight Gear? I assuming
it's not Flight Unlimited, since it doesn't have much for default
scenery away from Seatle and San Francisco.

In Microsoft's simulator you can bring up a "Save Flight" dialog with
the ; key. that Flight can be recalled (Select Flight) from the startup
screens or the menu.